Sunday 19 May 2013

Christian & Hindu Marraige - JN

I am going to be taking the role of a Christian man and his struggles as his faith prevents him leading a happy life with the woman he loves.
I am a man who is in love with a beautiful girl, we wish to marry, have kids and grow old together as any loving couple would.  Yet it is not that simple. I am a Christian man and my girlfriend Alisha is a Hindu woman. We have been dating for many years now and I wish to propose, but there are a mounting number of issues that I’m not sure we can deal with as a couple. Our clashes in faiths are the only things holding us back.
Firstly the marriage ceremony, Alisha’s family wishes for her to have a Hindu shaadi in India whereas I want a Christian marriage in a church with all my family. Then if we make a choice there is also the issue of raising our children, would we make them choose between faiths or make desictions for them?  Would we get them baptized or not, would we have them educated in a Christian or a Hindu school? This could not only cause tension between us but in our families as well, which is something me and Alisha do not want to risk.
Faith plays a great part in both mine and Alisha’s life and I am not certain we can both carry out good lives in the eyes of our Gods if we marry.
J.N.

2 comments:

  1. A really interesting insight from a Christian man here! A really difficult issue to face for couples.

    Any suggestions how they could resolve this? How is Alisha feeling about it all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece as you have really understood the man you are writing as, it is realistic and tells exactly what the Christian man wants and how he is feeling. I like how you explained the issues the Christian man and his girlfriend face, as well as putting in rhetorical questions and showing you are quite troubled and don't know what to do. To improve you could expand more on what Alisha wants and how she feels about the situation, and also any suggestions on overcoming these issues, or talk more about the Hindu religion. Overall, I thought this was an excellent piece of creative writing and has been well thought through and written. Well done! :D

    E.S.

    ReplyDelete