Monday 20 May 2013

Loneliness - EN

I am now in Year 10 and it has been 4 years since I started Secondary School and ever since my first day at school it has been very difficult to get through the day. I have been bullied about my faith in my form. There are 9 girls in particular who make me feel that I have done something wrong and that my opinion does not count.

I have been brought up in a strict Muslim household and I have never felt that I have been on my own until we moved in this local area. Before, in my previous estate, each weekend I would meet with my Uncle and the neighbours and pray. Since my Uncle died, we moved here to try and move on and forget the loss of my loving family member. My little sister does not understand that much and she has just started primary school. It has been hard to try and explain why people do not have friends round this area to my sister as she has been discriminated by her teachers in the school. 

My parents are finding it difficult to get a job and find a secure income for the family. Why can't we move to a different area? We have already put money on out current house and we have no extra money coming in. We just can't afford to pick ourselves up to move somewhere different.

See, most people where I currently live follow the same religion and in their eyes my family and I are different and not welcomed. I want to make my family happy and myself happy and not feel lonely. Each day at school people call me names and laugh at me. I have found it difficult to find the strength to not cry and carry on like normal. 

I wish there was something I could do to make this pain go away....my family and I deserve to be happy for once in our lives....

EN

2 comments:

  1. A very good diary entry here. I think you sum up the feeling of isolation very well.

    What do you think could be done to welcome her family to the school and to the area? Is there something the council or government could do to help such families?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great account! The diary entry is very realistic and portray true feelings that someone in their position would genuinely feel.

    If you wanted to develop it further perhaps you could write in the perspective of the bullies and explain the reasons for their actions.

    Overall a very good and thought provoking entry, well done! GK

    ReplyDelete