Sunday 13 October 2013

A Tsunami in my Village

Yesterday everything changed. My life and the lives of others. There was a Tsunami that rampaged through my village destroying everything in its path. I had no idea how powerful a tsunami could be until I saw it first hand as it engulfed my house and everything else around. In times like this I and I are sure even the unreligious call to God for why such devastation happens. All I was thinking was “Does the Lord have no mercy?”as I watched  people run away and families just sit and pray because they know there is no chance. I know that natural disasters happen to shape the world and it isn’t down to anyone but you would of thought the “all loving” God would spare his so called creation from such horror. I prayed and prayed that minimal lives were lost but throughout the day the number of dead just increased to over 600 people. He knows what hell disasters like this do to people and the pain of grieving so why does he let this happen to so many innocent people? As a Christian my faith in my God has diminished and he has left me to pick up the pieces of my remaining life. No where do I go from here?

RH

1 comment:

  1. A good blog post - well done. Some good reflections on faith in this situation. It would be interesting to find out more about your character later on - what happened? Did they lose their faith completely or did it gradually return?

    ReplyDelete