Monday 21 October 2013

Tornado!


My house has been demolished by the tornado. It has been 9 days and I am still looking for a place to stay. I have been dying of thirst and hunger.

A little girl, about 6 or 7 asked me for a little bread but I told her that I won't have enough for myself. She started to beg and plead but I refused to give her any. She then walked away and sat down in the corner to pray. It got dark and everyone made a bed with the scraps around them. The next morning it was day 10. Another day without any food and water because I finished it yesterday. I got up from the sidewalk and went to look for food that anyone had. As I approached a corner a little girl had some bread and water. It was the same girl that came to me for bread. I asked the little girl "Where did you get the bread and water from?" she said "From God."

I started to judge my faith. What God is this that gives miracles? Is this my God? When came back to where I was sitting before the girl came to me and offered me bread and water. She said God doesn't want everyone to die, and smiled. I started to pray like others were doing and asked God to help me. The next day I found a book next to me. It said bible across the front. I flicked through the pages and landed on Matthew chapter 14. A verse 13 and 21 was highlighted. I read it. It was surprising how God uses someone to show people what he can do. Today I pray every day about what I’m thankful for and everything I have. If this tornado didn't happen I would never have found God and what possible things he can do.

SO

1 comment:

  1. A great blog post - well done! Some really interesting bits to this. I like how you have included the idea of miracles in this too. It would have been interesting to hear some of the doubts from the first 9 days too.

    ReplyDelete