Thursday 17 October 2013

Tsunami

Tsunami

There was this Tsunami last month, it destroyed everything. Everywhere was ruined. It started as a normal day sunny and quiet then the wind picked up and we got told to evacuate. I grabbed my 2 children and my husband and we got in the car a started to drive to a place on a higher ground.  We could see the wave in the distance behind us…. It was getting closer; I told the children not to worry everything would be fine. Within seconds we was washed out of the car I managed to grab one of my children Tommy aged 5, we was getting pushed under water and pulled with the direction the water was going. I yelled for my other children sally who was 8 and my husband but I got no reply. I grabbed onto a tree and pulled us up onto it. The water was everywhere it looked like the sea with things in it. You could just see the top of the houses. I yelled again for my family and I got no reply. I knew that I had to find a safe place so I put my child on my back and started searching around. I couldn't find anyone. I wondered why god let this happen! if he loved me I would find my family and if he loved everyone then why did he let this happen to us, he has the power to stop it so why hasn't he. After this happened I didn't know if God really existed. At this point I didn't know what I was supposed to believe. It was a natural disaster but how god could let something like that happen-is unreal. 

G.C 

1 comment:

  1. A good post detailing the event. You could have added more questions... what sort of thing would your character be thinking? What questions would they have?

    ReplyDelete