Friday 11 October 2013

The Car Accident

It was a week before Christmas, my favourite time of year. I was all excited to see my family, cook the christmas dinner, all the present shopping and wrapping. It was just a lovely season where there is one day and everyone is peaceful.
Suddenly, I was involved in a car accident with my mum and dad. Aged eleven and remembering it was the night of the X Factor final 2008 when Alexandar Burke won. We were just crossing the road in the winter darkness, the road was clear and out of no where a car came speeding over the hump back bridge a speeding car. "Mum the car" I screamed approaching the pavement. The impact of the car was taken by all three of us. Our linked hands released themselves whilst we were in the air. My mum today still with her injury and causing her troubles in day to day life.
All I could think about  at the time was why did God let this happen? So close to this special time of year. Why my family? WHY?. It was a lot to take in at once, seeing mum lying on the floor in pain. The relief I had when I hear my mums voice and then my dads. I still dont understand if God is all loving He would have protected me and my parents. If he was so knowing then why did He allow it happen. Then if He was so powerful he could have stopped it.
I was and still am a practicing catholic. I had made my sacraments and confessed my sins. I attended Church regulary every week with my family ever since I was born. I would pray for people around the world, for my family and for myself. Did I pray hard enough?

ST

1 comment:

  1. A very thoughtful post, well done. I think you ask all the typical questions here. Despite asking these questions, what kept your character a Catholic? Why did they not loose their faith?

    ReplyDelete