Sunday 20 October 2013


The Tsunami

It was the middle of the night when I heard a loud knock at the door, a few minutes later my mum rushed into the room and got me out of bed.  We were being evacuated. A couple of minutes after that we were all running as fast as we could way from the sea front but the water had gone. Then there was this massive sound like something rushing up behind us I did not know what was happening. Suddenly my parents had gone and the water was getting closers and closer. 1 hour later I was on the roof of a house all by myself. No one could hear me. I wanted my family. But I stayed there until someone came to rescue me. Days later I was in a rescue centre, I knew no one and I stared to wonder if i would ever see my family again and if God even existed. I mean why would he have let this happen to all these people? Why if he is so powerful and loving did he let this happen to me and my family. I never saw my family again after that night and all I could think about is why did God let that happen to me.
EP

1 comment:

  1. A good post - well done. Your character could have shared a few more of their questions to help us really understand what was going on... It would be interesting to speak to him/her a few months on to see what they were feeling then?

    ReplyDelete