Monday 21 October 2013

The Earth quake



Dear diary,

Last night a tragic event struck my whole country, leaving us hopeless with everything lost. All of my possessions, work and friends were gone. I had never experienced such pain, fear and sorrow in my whole life, I couldn’t help but question why God wasn’t there in this time of need. I prayed every night that this earthquake would end but God didn’t seem to respond to me. The earthquake wiped out most of my village leaving me questioning my faith in God, why would he do this to me? As a catholic I believe that god is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent but this can’t be true after what happened.

If God is meant to be all loving why did he do this to me and my family? What the church says every week doesn’t add up when events such as these happen very often. I have always been a strong believer in God but after what happened I can’t see me ever going back to the catholic faith. Some people say that everyone must die and God has a plan, but why would he make us die under these circumstances? Everything I have is gone and God hasn’t done anything to help me through these difficult times. I will carry on praying in hope that he will eventually answer my prayers.

H.R

1 comment:

  1. A great post well done! You have captured the sense of loss well. It would be interesting to hear about how your character felt a months on?

    ReplyDelete