Thursday 17 October 2013

Earthquake of Japan



15th October 2013. The day my life changed. The day I’ll never forget. The falling buildings, the children screaming, people running in all directions. My house is gone. Memories, possessions, everything. Gone. Why did God let this happen to? I prayed to him every night, I told him all my problems, I went to church whenever I could, and most of all, I was a good person. I was a good Catholic. Why didn’t he help me? God is meant to be all – knowing, so he knew it was happening, yet he just sat and watched me suffer. He watched my family and friends die. He let them die. He watched them get hit by flying pieces of metal and glass. He was meant to protect them, protect me. He’s meant to be loving, yet he didn’t even try to save me. I still hope that theyre alive somewhere, I still believe, deep down, that they’re somewhere searching for me. But then again I loose hope. I don’t know what to think anymore. I will never be the same again. 

15th October 2013. The day I lost everything. Family, friends, possessions. And now my faith. 

ES

1 comment:

  1. A great blog post, raising lots of good questions. Well done! It would be interesting to hear from your character again later... how do they feel 6 months on? Have they lost their faith or has it remained?

    ReplyDelete