Monday 21 October 2013

The night i lost everything

Dear diary

The tsunami struck last night. There was a loud thundering crash and the windows smashed open I was so scared. I am with my sister stranded hanging on to a tree that has fallen down.  I have lost everything: My home, my belongings, my family, and my friends I don’t know what to do. As a catholic I believe that Godis omnibenevolent, omnipotent and omniscient but if he is all of these then where was he today when I needed him? Where was he when for once in my life I most needed his help? I got washed away with the current of the sea. Trees and buildings collapsing and people injured everywhere. I saw this one little boy who was crying for his mum as I made my way over to him I got washed away again by the sea. I was panicking. What if I never saw my little brother again and what if he is on his own right now.  Why didn’t god save me or anybody else? If God is omniscient then he should be able to see what is happening. He should be able to see this tsunami happening. I don’t understand why he won’t answer my prayers when I have believed in him all my life. The tsunami has put my belief in god to the test as I have a wonderful family however he did not answer my prayers and save my family,  I still haven’t found the rest of my family. I am scared and worried and I don’t know what to do. this is natural evil as a tsunami is a natural thing that happens in life although it is a terrible thing and it should not exist.
AS
Japan earthquake and tsunami one month on: 30 powerful images of

1 comment:

  1. A great post! Well done. You've raised some good questions. It would be very interesting to hear from your character a few months on... did he/she find his/her family? Did this effect their belief?

    ReplyDelete