Saturday 19 October 2013

Where is God when i need him?


Dear diary,

Another woman in my village died today due to the drought. I found it hard to watch.  The look on her children’s eyes would make anyone cry. They buried her outside their house. Her children are orphans now. They have no one. How could God do this? He took an innocent woman away from her children? This drought has lasted for months. When will it stop? I’m sure I will be next, the only water we had is running out. We have no food to eat as the crops aren’t growing. Our village will be wiped out soon if we don’t have one droplet of rain. Everyone is waiting to die now. I give all of my food to my children as I can’t bear to see them starve. But it’s running out. The next village is miles away. How will we get there?

Where is God in our hour of need? We need him to save us from this disaster that can only get worse. Everywhere I go I see ill and sick people. It’s too late for him to save us now; too many people have died due to this drought. Why won’t he save us? I have been loyal to God all my life and this is how he repays me? I have lost my closest and dearest friends due to this drought. I now look after all the children in the village who have lost their parents. I try to feed every mouth I can but I don’t always manage to feed my own.

God has become unknown to me now. I don’t know who he is. He doesn’t care, like I thought he did. If he really did exist why hasn’t he helped me? After all those years of praying and thanking him he hasn’t done anything for me. I know I will die from this soon but I will try and stay alive for as long as I can to see my children. I will have to try and make the most of it while I can.
LS

1 comment:

  1. Well done! This is a great bit of writing. A really interesting blog post... it seems your character has indeed lost their faith. Is there anyone who has remained faithful in the village? How could they manage that?

    ReplyDelete