Sunday 13 October 2013

The Tsunami Disaster

Why? Why me? Why us? Why my town?
These questions continuously spinning around in my head. I'm sitting here, on top of a large tree trunk, water washing through my bruised toes as I scan the disaster-that is my town- in despair. I've been screaming for my family, for someone to help me for over, what feels like 3days. My smooth brown skin, ruined and covered in mud, dirt, cuts and bruises. What feels like just an ache must be my broken wrist. I cant scream anymore, my throat so sore and swollen. I cant even pull words out let alone cries of help. its probably only been a few hours but the only thing that I have thought about is 'why me?'. What have I done to be here, in this situation. a 15 year old cheerful loving girl now stripped of her happiness that was her family and her life. All I can do is try and think hard about what I may have done to deserve this. What is it I have done to make God so damn angry to force a tsunami wave upon my village; swallow up our homes..schools..parks..land..EVERYTHING. All in less than 2hours. I here about people believing that God isn't real, that he does nothing for us but I have always been the one to object, put that person in their place and reassure them that he is real and one day will reward us with the give of being in eternal paradise! Now, I realise how much of a fool I must have sounded. what God, where is he, and why has he caused this immense disaster upon us. If he is as omnibenevolent and omniscient as I believed he was, why is he doing this to our innocent people? If he has seen all my thoughtful and caring prayers, seen how much believe and loved him why has he done this to me?
WHY?

N.W

1 comment:

  1. A great post. This really captures the questions and mood of your character. It would be interesting to hear more from your character, perhaps 6 months on? Did they lose their faith or keep it?

    ReplyDelete