Thursday 10 October 2013

This was the first time I've prayed in a long time. My faith in God had never been so strong. I knew he was testing me. I asked myself how I managed to survive this terrible flood, but I knew it was because of my faith in God. My mother always told me that if I prayed everything would be okay. As soon as this terrible flood hit the surrounding areas of my village I knew that this would be my test. At first I thought why God is putting me through all this pain and suffering. I felt like my whole world around me was falling apart because of God but surely he’s meant to all loving? I then thought of all the pain and suffering Jesus went through just so we could live a free life , this was so relevant to my current situation if one man died for all our sins I should be able to have enough faith in God that I was going to survive this flood. I grabbed my little sister’s hand and ran for my life in my head repeating the words “God please help me when I need you most” I had put all my faith into him in the hole that he would save me. I knew this would be the most testing experience of my life. I realised but this was no fault of God but the fault of the people who have built upon this earth maybe God didn't want it to be shaped with buildings all over it maybe this is what caused the flood. This flood has changed me forever my faith in God is now so strong. I've decided to spend the rest of my life helping people who have suffered from natural disasters , and from now on I truly believe that things have to fall apart so that better things can come together “We have sufferings now, but these are nothing compared to the great glory that will be given to us.” – Roman 8:18


JA    @JosiewithGaga 

1 comment:

  1. A very interesting post, well written too. Impressed you've got some scripture in there too - well done! Do you think many people have faith as strong as the character in your post? Did their family all have the same view?

    ReplyDelete