Friday 18 October 2013

Earthquake in Japan

I remember walking to class that morning with Kagami and Satsuki. It was meant to be another ordinary day at school until disaster stuck.

Suddenly, the ground began to groan and shake vigorously and I was struggling to keep balance. Kuroko's loud screech echoed across the classroom. I could hear my heart beat through my ears. The windows shaking, looking as if they were going to explode. My teacher commanded us to take cover under the desks. They protected our heads from the falling ceiling. At this moment, I wish that I paid attention to our several earthquake drills.

The only thing I could think about was my family. Are they safe? I was praying for their safety, whilst everyone was crying and cursing God for this terrible disaster.

My mother always told me to trust God and not to worry about material things as I know that God will make a way out of it. I was surprised that my faith was this strong despite what was going on around me, at that time.

Everyone was crawling around to be with their friends but I had a feeling in my heart that God told me to stay and just trust in Him and pray. Just as they ran to their friends, the ceiling began to crumble and crack. I watched in horror as it fell on my classmates.

I was speechless, but I remember to thank God for saving my life and as I later found out my family's safety too in broken Japan.

FP <3


1 comment:

  1. A great post - well done! It's interesting your character had little doubt in their faith. What questions would some of those around him/her be asking? Would they have had more doubt?

    ReplyDelete