Monday 21 October 2013

Tornado

Dear diary,
Today is the anniversary of the tornado. This time last year a massive and powerful tornado,   hit Oklahoma at exactly 1pm. It caused nothing but destruction. The tornado was the highest winds ever found near the earth's surface .The deadly tornado killed 258 people!
It is only now that I am beginning to question my faith. At the time I was relieved that my family and I were not harmed. I was relieved that God had seemed to answer my prayers. But what about the hundreds of other people that were killed in the tornado. Why didn't God answer their prayers? I understand that everything God does is for a reason; maybe he wanted people to show their goodness after the tornado, by helping the town recover and setting up charities. But I cannot understand why God, who is omnibenevolent, would want to bring so much suffering to the humans he created and loves.

There is so much evil and suffering around the world. From illness, abuse, broken relationships, betrayal, crime and death; to earthquakes and tornados. I still believe that God exists but I am just really confused. I will never really understand why God doesn’t seem to be there when we need him the most.

MO 

1 comment:

  1. Well done for getting this posted! A great post. Would be great to hear more from your character at some point.

    ReplyDelete