Monday 21 October 2013

Tornado



Dear diary,
At roughly 1 pm yesterday afternoon disaster struck my beloved hometown. A life changing tornado hit my town destroying anything and everything in its path. This devastation will never be forgotten as it has caused so much pain and suffering to this town. The tornado took so many innocent lives but why? 
I’m afraid to say that I seriously doubt my faith, I thought God was omnibenevolent, I thought that he loved us? Why would someone who loves every single one of us so much let this town suffer so severely? Maybe God doesn’t love us enough to save us from terrible disasters. I’m also wondering why God didn’t save the lives of those who were praying not to be harmed, although he did answer my prayers when I needed him so I’m very thankful for that. I’m deeply questioning why God is making this town struggle to put money together to help rebuild the town when he knows that we were already struggling with fixing the town up before the tornado hit it. I’m aware that everything God does happens for a reason so maybe this was a sign for everyone in the town to come together as a community but I still can’t get over that the fact that God claims he loves us but yet he didn’t save us from the tornado. I still have faith in my God but I have to say that I’m uncertain of how big my faith currently is.
In this world today there’s so much pain and suffering that many humans have to endure from but this tornado that this town has suffered from is natural evil and this has had nothing to do with humans.

FS 

1 comment:

  1. A great post raising some very good questions. Well done! It would be interesting to hear from your character again at a later point to see what has happened to their faith...

    ReplyDelete