Saturday 12 October 2013

The Flood




I think about it every hour of every day. The damage it has done cannot be fixed; the flood ruined me and my family not only physically, but emotionally and mentally. I understand stuff like that happens you know? I don’t know. I pray every day, I have strong faith in my God and didn’t think he’d let something like that happen to us. We lost EVERYTHING in that flood... we have nothing left. You’d think that I’d still have my faith after something so tragic. From the beginning signs of the flood right till the end I continuously prayed in my head. I’m so grateful that my family & I are still alive but surely God could’ve done more to spare my family our valuables which could never be replaced? God is all knowing so he obviously knew the flood was going to happen. If he was also all loving why didn’t he stop it? I’m really confused right now. Does God choose what he wants to save and protect and what he doesn’t? I don’t understand. I don’t know where my faith stands right now but it’s not looking good. All I can think of is that God don’t help me and the rest of my village because he didn’t want to. That tells me that God isn’t as loving and caring as he’s made out to be.

DB

1 comment:

  1. A great post capturing the many thoughts of your character. A good reflection in the aftermath of such a disaster. What happened in the long run? Did you character keep his/her faith?

    ReplyDelete