Monday 21 October 2013

Crashing Waves

Crashing Waves

Dear Diary,

 You cannot believe what I have been through, the horrendous vision of people drowning in front of your very own eyes, truly unbearable. On that tragic day, I was a victim of the large tsunami that crashed through the town and claimed lives of many citizens. 

I was lucky- or should i say blessed to be one of the several survivors. It all started when I was at school in Spring, the fresh new cherry blossom trees were incredible .That's when I thought, God had blessed us with a beautiful world that he had created for us. Soon enough, I arrived at class in my homeroom. Luckily I was just in time, I came in just before the bell had rung. Before you knew it, the whole class shuffled into their seats including myself, Kimura Suzuki, most people call me Kim for short. Matsuoka-sensei, my homeroom teacher, arrived early as usual- He didn't like to keep the class waiting.

After a few minutes, an earthquake struck unexpectedly, "What?!" The teacher shrieked, "Hurry get under your desks!" the ground shook dangerously as everyone rushed beneath their desks to aid themselves.Every now and then the earthquake stopped, then struck again. It kept repeating an indistinct order, I knew I didn't have anything to worry about. I am faithful to my lord, my God, so I believe that he is there to protect me. But suddenly, the sky grew duller than usual. There was something off about the eerie atmosphere of the weather. My classmate's eyes widened as they glared out the window, "RUN TO THE ROOF NOW."  Someone shouted, noticeably a prefect. Without a complaint, everyone rushed towards the roof, the waves immediately crashed through the windows. It's a tsunami.

 You could hear the sound of glass shattering as I ran up the stairs, this was the kind of thing you would hear from movies but no, it was as if reality slapped me in the face. Soon, all the students arrived on the roof, everyone's mouth gaped open as they watched the debris flow endlessly, taking in lives. My mouth dropped, my mind went completely blank. All I thought about was my family, I dropped to my knees as I watched in horror. The school building was large enough to evacuate to the roof, but, everything else. Homes were swept by the constant wave of contaminated water. 

What happened to the beautiful world that God had created? This is what I got for being naive, forgetting about the imperfections of this troubled world. What are your plans Lord? I almost feel shameful for questioning my faith. Natural Evil is as worse as moral evil. Both causing people pain and suffering.  Doubts began to build up within me.

I want to continue to believe in God, I want to keep my faith strong but it can get confusing. But I can't help questioning, where was God when we needed him the most?


P.S.

  

1 comment:

  1. A great and very detailed blog post. Fantastic description of the disaster. It would have been great to hear more about your character and their faith... hearing a few months on would be fascinating!

    ReplyDelete