Tuesday 15 October 2013

Tsunami

The events that occurred last night replay in my mind, every single minute. One minute my family and I are all smiling; enjoying each other’s company, then tragedy strikes as everything we owned was swept away by the immense waves that crashed down on us. I am and will be forever grateful that my family are still with me today, but why didn't God spare the few possessions we had that had sentimental value to us. God is all powerful but if he is, wouldn't he have the power to stop this tsunami attacking the island? Where is He at a time like this, when we need him the most? The world He made is crumbling, he can see it happening, he is omniscient; surely he can see the horror we are going through as we are trying to pick up the broken pieces of what is left of the disaster.


Is this a test of my faith in God? If it is I must have failed miserably.

MN

1 comment:

  1. A good blog post - well done! It would be interesting to hear how your character got on... did they lose their faith or not?

    ReplyDelete