Friday 18 October 2013


Why did something so tragic have to happen to an ordinary person like me? Exactly a week today my mother was sadly taken away from me. What started out a normal day, most definitely ended in a disaster! I was taken out of class and was told that my mother was in hospital and soon found out that she had been stabbed numerous times and eventually died after losing too much blood. My mum always told me to believe in God and that he is a loving and caring. If this is true, then why would he let the most important person in the world to me get taken away from me just like that? If he is so loving and caring as my mum said he is then he should have stopped this from happening. He just let a good person die for no good reason and let me be in agony because of it. I don’t think I can do what my mum told me to do and carry on believing in God after what he has put my mother and I through. I think it’s time that I stop trusting him and just take it that there is no such thing as God. He obviously does not exist otherwise he wouldn’t have let such a traumatic event happen to me. This is a natural disaster that God should have been able to stop.
ON

2 comments:

  1. A very emotional piece of writing. I like how you addressed the conflicting situations Catholics sometimes find themselves in when something awful happens and their faith in God is put to the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good post. You have raised some good questions here - well done! It would be interesting to hear further on what happened to your character... did they lose their faith for good?

    ReplyDelete