Friday 11 October 2013

The tsunami

The tsunami was unexpected to say the least. I look out of my wrecked window to look at the remainders of what was my local town. I don’t know how my life will ever go back to normal; with everything gone what hope is there. Everything we owned; all our belongings have gone and will never return. But I thank God that I and my family survived the disaster. I can’t help but question my faith at this time. Why would God do this, why would he allow those innocent people suffer like that?
How could God let such a devastating thing happen, no one will ever recover from this, and God didn't prevent it. Why would God create a world filled with natural evil, surely he would design the perfect world for humans?  I feel let down my God and my faith.
If God is as omniscient and omnibenevolent as people believe then surely he would've showed his love by seeing the tsunami and preventing it or fixing the wreckage. I don’t know if I can even trust God any more  when we needed him the most he wasn't there, he didn't help. To me, this just makes me question my whole faith and the point of it.

OD 

1 comment:

  1. A great post. This situation raises lots of questions, which you have addressed. What happened to your character? Did they keep their faith or lose it?

    ReplyDelete